Neckermann was the fourth largest German online retail platform after Amazon, Otto and Quelle. More than 75% of sales were generated online with a group-wide turnover in excess of € 1.5 billion.
For Neckermann, digitalDNA took on the program and project management for the introduction of a new, international eCommerce platform.
• Program / project management
• Selection process for software platform and implementation partner
• Selection processes for more than 10 third-party systems (e.g. search, recommendation, analytics, new middleware, product ratings)
• Preparation of the business cases (TCO approach) and the decision-making presentations
• Management of all external and internal partners
• Planning and coordination of the necessary organizational change processes
In addition, we supported the organizational change to a new centralized eCommerce department and the critical analysis of the business model and helped shape it on site.
Customer quote: Thomas Schaeben, Head of Sales, neckermann.de
“With experience, knowledge of the sector, pragmatism, and the ability to get things done, digitalDNA managed the launch of an international shop platform very well in a difficult environment. The approaches to realigning the entire organization with a digital business model were also outstanding.”